1. Do New Discs And Pads Need To Be Bedded In?Yes, for best performance you should carry out the bedding process. After installation of your Ksport brake system it is highly recommended to follow this procedure:
- The brakes should feel smooth without any vibrations. If you feel any vibration, immediately stop the vehicle and re-check your installation.
- On a remote road with no traffic accelerate to approximately 30-45mph and perform at least 10 brake applications using 3 second durations at least ¼ mile apart using light to medium pressure.
- This process will gradually increase the brake pad and rotor temperature which allows the brake pad and disc to mate with the proper friction.
- When the above process is completed the brake system is ready for normal use.
2. Are Cracks In Brake Rotors Covered Under Warranty?No. Cross drilled rotors can experience slight surface cracks over time. This is the same with all companies that produce cross drilled rotors.
3. Will My OEM Master Cylinder Work With Your Big Brake Kits?Yes, our kits are designed to work with OEM master cylinders.
4. Do I Have To Purchase Both Front And Rear Big Brake Kits At The Same Time?No, you can purchase just the front if you wish. Most OEM proportioning valves are set to distribute brake force appropriately. Simply upgrading to a larger brake kit will improve stopping distance and pedal feel.
5. Will My ABS Still Function With A Big Brake Kit?Yes, all OEM ABS systems will still function with any of our brake systems.
6. How Can I Tell If Your Brake Kit Will Fit With My Wheels?We have templates we can provide that allow you to test fit our calipers and determine if they will clear your wheels. Contact us if you need a specific template.
7. Where Can I Purchase Replacement Pads For My Ksport Big Brake Kit?Generally we stock most of our brake pads. You can order them directly from us or there are several other brands that cross reference to ours such as AP and Ferodo. Contact us for more info.
8. What Is The Minimum Thickness For Rotors?If you measure your rotors and determine that the thicknesses is at or below the measurements below, please contact us to order a new set of rotors.
286mm rotor = 23mm
304mm rotor = 25mm
330mm rotor = 29mm
356mm rotor = 29mm
380mm rotor = 29mm
400mm rotor = 33mm
click here to visit our warranty page.
click here to visit our service page.